Soak Up Living's Top Video Picks (Scroll Down to View More Videos)

Monday, February 16, 2009

MUSIC: Chris Brown Would Never Hit Elmo

I am very saddened by this Chris Brown scandal. We do not know all of the details yet and, admittedly, I haven't researched the situation all that thoroughly. But there is no excuse for domestic violence and my thoughts and prayers are with battered women everywhere this week.

As many of you probably are, too, I am having a difficult time not judging Chris Brown. So in the meantime, I am going to focus on the one great memory I have of him - watching his delightful performance singing and dancing with Elmo in this Sesame Street video.

My niece and I have watched this video dozens of times (I know the song by heart and might even be able to bust out a few of these dance moves) and it has brought her so much joy! She starts dancing during the first few beats of the song then entertains us with an adorable dance routine until it ends...

I don't know if it was just a career-boosting emotional play (a lot of musical artists perform child- and learning-friendly versions of their songs on Sesame Street, which I think is a great strategy for engaging parents), but either way, no one is 100% rotten and this video is certainly a high point of his career so far.

No comments: